Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Great Summer Road Trip, Day 6

The Great Summer Road Trip took to the water today.


We were bound for dolphin watching, the famous 'hole in the rock' and an island visit for lunch. We did indeed see a pod of dolphins, they played happily around the boat but from my experience in the Marlborough Sounds I didn't attempt any photography because they move too darn quickly and it is better to just enjoy the magic of the moment. The moments lost all magic after that, and I was seriously seasick on the way to what I will now always think of as 'that bloody rock'. I recovered sufficiently to admire the Cape Brett lighthouse and really enjoyed the time spent on beautiful Urapukapuka Island.


That afternoon was spent at Russell, just the most perfect little village.


After a guided tour of Pompallier House I am now a bit of an expert in printing, bookbinding and the tanning of leather. What a rich and interesting history this area has. 







1 comment: