Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

Five Years On

On this day, five short years ago, I was on the move. It was a Tuesday and the long Anniversary Weekend holiday had been spent in a packed up house in Stokes Valley, after two energetic packers had spent the preceding Thursday and Friday putting all my worldly possessions into boxes for the big move. I was leaving the bush for the beach. Five years on I still marvel at how blessed I am to be living here. Here are a few 'before and after' shots. I think it is safe to say my chosen style for home and garden involves a lot more 'stuff' than the the minimalist approach preferred by the previous owners. However, their meticulous approach to tidiness and cleanliness were a major selling point.

Then


Now


Then


Now 


Then


Now


Then 


Now


Then


Now


Then


Now


Then


Now


Then


Now


Long may the cluttering continue. 2016 is shaping up to be another stellar year, and so we move on to the much anticipated ....

Album of the Day


Track of the Day




5 comments:

  1. I watched the track in silence. My computer does that sometimes.
    He used both feet to keep time though I noticed in the silence.
    Left foot on the first beat, right foot on the second ( or maybe the third).
    I noticed his thumb protruding over the finger board. A violinist would maybe have kept it hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate minimalist houses. I prefer your improvements.
    Their deck furniture was a bit better though. Fix that. OK?
    That Clapton album is one our favourites.
    ( I'll have to look at my deck furniture now that I've accused you)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have put up my jaunty umbrella for you, Curmudgeon, to give you a complete picture. I did have a big table when I moved in, but for some reason they make outdoor settings that rust and disintergrate ... I guess they don't forsee outdoor furniture ever getting wet!

      Delete
  3. Love what you have done with your house. Love Eric Clapton

    ReplyDelete