Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Perfect View


Finally today, after years of battling on, I have taken the momentous step of booking an eye examination. Actually I went in expecting to be able to see an optician (optometrist?) straight away, but have to wait until Friday. The place is called SpecSavers, its in the mall and never looks busy so I was quite surprised that appointments were a necessity - it hardly looks like a high-end operation, more 'cheap and cheerful' than highly-trained professionals that I imagine would be at the longer established places. But cheap suits me well, and there's something creepy about the sound of Black, Gates, Meek and Dong - more the name for a funeral parlour. Anyway, I look forward to enjoying crisp, clear vistas on my walks this year.

1 comment:

  1. Beware SpecSavers. They are 'The Warehouse' of optitians. Cheap yes, but so is the product. It is really shoddily made stuff. They will replace frames if and when they fall apart a month or so later but really, it is better to buy quality firt up. I know, I took advantage of the "Two for One" deal last year. I won't do that again.

    ReplyDelete