Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Earus Bunneii




I think thats the botanic name, but I just call them Bunny Ears. They have been a favourite of mine all my life and are making a good show on the dunes at Petone. Apparently New Zealand is having a poor summer, if the television is to be believed, but not if you talk to the locals here. The week leading up to Christmas and for several days afterwards the weather was spectacular - unrelenting clear blue skies. Since the forecasts of bad weather for New Year, we have had more cloud but still lots of sunny patches and the temperatures very pleasant. I thought the beach late afternoon looked as if we might get some rain for the garden, but the skies have lightened again.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, today was as good as Napier yesterday. I'm not sure if those bunny ears should be encouraged to root in the urban garden.

    ReplyDelete