Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

You're Welcome



Have you noticed the unseasonably warm weather we have been enjoying lately? Long sunny days and even when the rain has fallen the temperatures haven't. You have me to thank for this, and a well-researched scientific process known as Sod's Law. Three weeks ago I decided I could no longer live without a woodburner - an efficient heating system that warms both the body and the soul. The installer started the process straight away but really only got stuck into the proper work earlier in the week. We haven't seen him since Wednesday. The house is a bomb site and a layer of dust coats everything. All his tools of trade are littered around the house and garden. In the meantime, the spring flowers are bursting out all around and the shops are full of new season's fashions in lovely pastel shades. By the time I am warming my toes in front of the leaping flames the rest of the population will be barbecuing on the beach and marveling at such a benign winter that ended so soon. So do let them know it's all down to the universe playing its amusing tricks on me, and Millie and I will await the return of the installer ...

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you haven't paid him (assuming its a male) anything in advance.
    If not, cancel him.
    Pack up the tools and things belonging to him and store them safely for pick up.
    Contact him - teleohone, e-mail and letter.
    Get another contractor to do/finish the job.

    Its not until we, the consumers/customers start to take this action that inconsiderate contractors will smarten up their act.
    I wouldn't put up with this.
    What would you do if you got crappy service in a shop/restaurant/hotel etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but he really is a very nice man and the only one I would trust to do the job. I'm sure he'll be back on Monday .....

      Delete