Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

What Lies Beneath

Earlier this morning this was a blank, white wall. The previous owners had gone to considerable trouble to remove the original fireplace and replace it with blandness. A purchase on TradeMe and the assistance of two wonderful friends saw the transformation this afternoon. There was a short discussion as to the merits of smashing out the wall, not knowing what exactly was behind, then caution was thrown to the wind and out came the power tools. I am so happy with the result, and I think the ancestors hanging above would approve too. I'm thinking the fireplace in the front living room may need a similar makeover in the future ...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! All that stuff in the fireplace hidden behind the wall. The clock stopped at midnight I see. I wonder if the previous occupants were deveil worshippers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a clock - it's scales, registering zero. Yes, It's like 'Time Team' Petone style!

    ReplyDelete