Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Second class Citizen ...


.... or at least second class shopper. I think that's how Farmers view me. I am the sort of shopper they really can't abide - I have the audacity to only buy what I can actually afford, and have the cheek to want to do so with cash. I therefore cannot participate in the special 'cardholders day' because, essentially, retail is not the key area of business for this chain. The big money is in credit cards and this is what the Farmers card is. The Queensgate branch was thronging with shoppers today, eagerly running up credit on assorted crap. Happily for me, I don't think I'll be joining the club any time soon- as 'exclusive' as they claim it to be!

1 comment:

  1. Well done my friend.
    I have three credit cards .. none of them have annual fees, and I haven't paid a cent of interest since I got them. I usually pay cash for everything too. I only use the cards for convenience. As soon as I get home and can access my net banking, I pay the amount off the card.
    No-one gets my 17%-20% :)

    ReplyDelete