Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Charitable Acts


I would have thought an act of charity involves giving something - maybe your attention, time, skills or money - something of some value. How is it that we have these lowlifes who drop off utter crap on the pavement outside charity shops. They know it's crap - that's why they drop it off when the shop is closed. They could not look anyone in the eye in their act of 'generosity'. Too tight to pay at the landfill, they actually cost their charity of choice precious money when they must clear up these sorry donations.

4 comments:

  1. Yes and no. I see a couple of boxes of books I'll make a note to check out tomorrow. Those jeans may be ok. Is that an antique truck biscuit tin at the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Tracey. Hey, you are starting to sound like a Curmudgeon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob - it was utter crap! And all the charity shops along Jackson Street had similar displays last Sunday as I sauntered to the Lighthouse. My brilliant photographic skills must be presenting a sheen that wasn't there in reality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes , sorry you are right, and I see that it is the Sally's , they put too much of a mark up on anyway.

    ReplyDelete