Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Perils of Hunting


I'm not ashamed to admit that when I read of a hunter shot while enjoying his 'sport' my heart sings a little. And don't give me that " you eat meat, blah, blah, blah" nonsense. What appalls me about the hunting fraternity is the sheer pleasure they get from what is clearly a bloodlust. They dispatch the innocent with a glee far beyond that of one acquiring food for a family. They do not do it because they need to feed their family, they do it because they enjoy delivering death.

7 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this. Love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And neither of you eat meat I presume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you actually read the post, Fiddle????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slaughter is slaughter, regardless of the species. The human species is not one I am proud to be of or in any way my favourite. Man's inhumanity to man is hardly an excuse for further bloodlust. The biggest pest on earth is indeed the human I would have thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh? I have no idea what you are talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Second, you are getting scary. And, why would people shoot little chocolate covered biscuits?

    ReplyDelete