Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Goodbye, Box Hedging


I wasn't that keen on it when I moved in, mainly because I thought keeping it neatly trimmed would be a pain and that it was a bit fussy for a beach garden. I was quite pleased with my subsequent efforts with the clippers, so had decided to stick with it. Then I had a conversation with my neighbour yesterday and learnt the unpleasant smell near my front door wasn't the result of tomcats spraying, as my nose had told me, but the odour box hedging exudes! I googled to confirm and she is spot on. If only gardeners had taken heed of Queen Anne when she banished the plant from Hampton Court, for this very reason, centuries ago. A sweet smelling lavendar hedge will replace it. In the meantime, anyone who has a position they wish to relocate these plants to, well away from a house, can take them away from a $1 reserve auction on TradeMe. Otherwise they will be binned on Monday - high noon!

3 comments:

  1. Sue says" Have you really got them on trade for real? Sue is very interested!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. For real! Was going to pull them, but thought someone with compromised nasal passages might like them. If you want them, and you show me how to pull the auction, they're yours - no one has bid yet, just some lurkers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second, read the post - they smell like cat's piss.....Oh! I see now. You want to take them around in the dead of night and plant them outside Richard's window. Well done, Carry on that man.

    ReplyDelete