Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Patience

Today I posted a Christmas parcel. I've been intending to get it in the post for weeks now and was aware I was leaving my run late. When I arrived at the Post Shop the queue was long and moving very slowly. Given the events of the last week such inconveniences have been placed firmly back into the proper perspective within the great scheme of life. Fussing about waiting ten minutes seems hardly anything to fuss about at all. As I waited patiently, the chap in front hopped from foot to foot, peered ahead with irritation and sighed big sighs. Although he doesn't know me, I know him and I smiled to myself. He's the manager of a local supermarket.


Our eyes met, and it just came out. "It's the mail equivalent of your express checkout." I can't help but feel I got caught up in some retail form of divine retribution, and it was well worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Touché.

    I hope he got the message (although supermarket operators are notoriously thick-skinned).

    ReplyDelete