Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Briscoes - Apology Withdrawn

On July the first, I posted this apology to Briscoes after sourcing a reasonably priced, stainless steel electric kettle. The apology is officially withdrawn. Your prices, Briscoes, are reasonable because your products are crap. A week ago the kettle started making little electric 'fizzy' sounds when switched on. Yesterday it stopped making these noises and also stopped heating the water. To its credit, it did keep illuminating its little 'yes, I'm on the job' light. Six months isn't a long life for an appliance. So now I have a nice new electric kettle.
Rather stylish new electric kettle.

And no, I didn't go back to Briscoes to buy the new one or to claim my rights because I don't have any proof of purchase. I never keep receipts because my experience is that not keeping them is far less annoying further down the track than the alternative. The alternative is knowing the receipt is somewhere, tearing every drawer and cupboard apart and not finding it.

It's definitely here somewhere. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes sadly I must agree. That 60% discount often equates to 60 days use before the handle becomes lose or leaks appear around the base!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caveat Emptor (one of the few things I remember from studying law at university.
    The other saying is "if it looks too good to be true it probably isn't" (I don't have the latin for that)

    ReplyDelete