Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Martinborough Fair

An early start this morning over the Rimutakas to Martinborough. Lots of interesting things to see and a few to purchase - including a fantail garden ornament and a hanger for apples and other fruit on the bird feeding station. But the most important stall is the scrummy potato rostis. It's the food stall with the biggest lines all day and always well worth the wait. It's also interesting to watch the slick operation as the frying pans advance along the stoves until they arrive ready to serve at the counter. Happy to admit I joined the line twice!

2 comments:

  1. Sue says ..I really wanted 2 go but I had 2 decide if my free Saturday would b better spent gently pushing my husband 2 replacing new bedroom door ...guess I made the right choice but Oh it would have been so much fun at the fair ...lucky ,lucky ,you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise choice - new door will look great. How is he going on the skirting boards and painting?

    ReplyDelete