Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Home Improvements

Well, fence improvements really. It has bugged me for a year, but the improvements have begun. Having thoroughly investigated the options by studying every fence in Petone as I walk the suburb, I know what the fence is supposed to look like had the previous owners finished the job. The first task was getting fence post caps. These are ridiculously expensive at Mitre 10, but a trader on TradeMe supplied the nine I need at a much more attractive price. Today I am priming them (thanks for that Rob) ready for nailing on top of the posts. Then the re-painting of all the panels can proceed over the next week or two, in 'Perfect Taupe' to tone down the current dazzling brilliance of the white. I've never tried painting before, but I'm finding it very soothing and the cheapo brushes from The Warehouse seem to be up to the job so far. This weekend is going to be very satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment