Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Two Gifts


I like Steve Coogan, and I particularly love him as Alan Partridge. This is an absolute cracker of a movie - a Christmas cracker if you like. Take a break and see this. It is seriously funny. Before it started there were the shorts for another Steve Coogan movie - Philomena - which also looks good, though a more serious underlying (true) story. I will look forward to that opening - I'm building a nice wee list of holiday movies.


I saw this one a couple of weeks ago, and it was a good watch, but I think the real clamour will begin once it is released on DVD. Every secondary school history teacher will be booking the AV room for a few periods and ticking off 'American Civil Rights Movement' in their workplan. NCEA candidates will be able to precis the key ideas, add an attractive border and 'presto' a few more precious credits will be earned. It will be the gift that just keeps on giving.

2 comments:

  1. We saw Philomena week. This is very good and shows Steve Coogan's maturing as an actor. It is well recommended as is the Lee Daniel's Butler film. Forrest Whittaker is a class act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm writing this at 3.16pm. Well done, you've completed the school year.

    ReplyDelete