Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Must Focus


I never usually buy a newspaper on a Saturday, but today I felt I really needed a nice long lounge and read. That's where I read this quote, and it seems very apt for my situation today. It's almost three o'clock already. The whole morning was taken up with a long brunch and window shopping, followed by supermarketing. The actual purposeful elements of my outing could possibly have taken well under an hour if I had chosen to focus on priorities. The priorities are class reports. I have dedicated this weekend to their completion. And it isn't just idleness that is conflicting with the task. Other tasks, that usually hold no delight at all, suddenly seem so much more interesting. Vacuuming, cleaning, washing, even cooking, all seem suddenly compelling and urgent. I know that once I get started all will be well. It's just really hard to get started when your light shades are just screaming to be dusted and you know your pantry could really do with re-organising. Not one to be defeated, I have just taken decisive action. I have eaten the entire contents of this packet.


I'm sure the magical properties of the ingredients will kick in some time soon. In the meantime I'll get on with some ironing, which normally gets left until late Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Ah procrastination, I know it well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a friend to all. Strangely, I made a start early evening and got through the lot in jig time. It's not the doing, it's the starting. Once your head is round it, and the required lingo, its a breeze! Now Sunday is mine, all mine!

      Delete