Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Two Little Words

Separately they are such innocuous little words - up and to. Put them together and, no matter how small their font is on the sign, once spotted - and they are always there when a generous percentage is boldly displayed - you immediately know that the only products reduced to the full offer will be so incredibly hideous they could not be given away.


These four were spotted on one Petone intersection today.Why do retailers do this? How gullible do they imagine we are? I know retailing is in the economic doldrums, but offer us a true sale and we might bother to cross the threshold.  So my policy is -  if the sale is 'up to' or 'on selected items' I keep on walking and buy a nice cup of tea instead. I encourage you to join me.

1 comment:

  1. Agree. Number One shoes do this too . But if you look really really hard and decifer the foot sizes from chinese to big wide NZ feet one can get a bargain.

    ReplyDelete