Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Capital Times


I spent the day in this capital little town. It was bustling on the main street, which is in the process of being upgraded with the obligatory paving that New Zealand councils seem currently to favour. New shops have opened and travellers using the re-opened Manawatu Gorge will find it worthwhile to stop. My approach was from the Wairarapa side, so I viewed the full expanse of wind turbines covering the hilltops.


My hosts are big fans of this project. Personally, I find the sheer number and size of the wind turbines ugly and spookily Orwellian in appearance. But we didn't debate this topic. Instead we tucked into birthday cake and celebrated another lucky recipient receiving a Gold Card*.



 * Passport to the good life, between the hours of nine and three. Please, may it still be there for me. 

1 comment: