Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Thoughts While Supermarketing

Such wee darlings just have to be shared with the wider public.
I hope, that when I am old and grey, the world is run by the sweet two year old sitting in the trolley sweetly singing "This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine" and not the whining, petulant lump helping himself to the lollies in the bulk bins while his mother pretends not to notice. This is why one can only purchase from the very high bins that allow the bulk foods to fall into the bag untouched by any hand.
'Baked not fried' is a ridiculous point of difference if the key ingredients of what you are either frying or baking are total crap. It is also just as easy to infuse the baked item with the very processed oil other manufacturers fry in so that the baking effectively fries the product anyway. Basic rule - buy food. You'll know it's food if it looked that way 500 years ago. The clue here - if they put a lot of effort into the packaging and marketing, it's because the product itself cost little to produce and is of negligible use as a good food choice.

Front page news at the checkout.
I come from Scots and English stock. I sunburn easily. I take precautions, though I still embrace sunlight and all its health-giving properties. Sunburn is painful, very painful. I have experienced it on various parts of my anatomy. I definitely would not want sunburned nipples. Do they even tan? If my brother-in-law had, just weeks before, been snapped grasping his willy, I think this would be an added incentive not to strip in the company of others, no matter how private the setting, particularly outdoors. I like the royal family, but surely someone has told Kate about power of the telephoto lens - wouldn't it be covered in Being a Princess 101?



1 comment: