Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Re-arranging


Late on Friday evening, possibly in the euphoric after-effects of The Prowse Brothers, I hit the BuyNow button on this gorgeous piece of furniture. The seller kindly dropped it off early on Saturday morning and then hours of re-arranging ensued to get the whole look just right. Heaving heavy furniture round in every conceivable layout is a great workout - possibly even paleo, I certainly seem to hunt and gather a lot of it! Since I could barely afford this indulgence, I was highly restrained at the antiques and collectables fair at the town hall that afternoon.


Just a scarf, that's all. I did see a lot of things I would love, but I resisted. Even running into a friend spending thousands on a gorgeous ring did not cause me to lapse. Then Sunday passed in a whirl of domesticity and school-work and another weekend fades away. Have a good week, all.





3 comments:

  1. I think you will be impressed when you see the two antique chairs I picked up tonight for Sue for $50.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing china cabinet. Great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'd been there I'd have boughtall those boxes in the foreground

    ReplyDelete