Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Had to Pick a Peck of Snide


Whenever I have to leave the house when staying in is clearly more desirable,  I always feel at one with the Dr Seuss character from my childhood Sneeches and Other Stories book. Today I had to pick a peck of Snide. Millie and I were snug and safe during the worst of the storm, but the weather is still bad, and even colder. My glimpses of the beach yesterday showed a lot of damage and an amazingly high tide. All those people who were bitching about the council not clearing the driftwood from the beach will be happy now that nature has cleared it onto the road. If this keeps up I will soon have a beach front property. It really is a pyjama day, and the fire was already lit when I reluctantly put on some clothes and went out on my Snide mission - a day at home requires copious amounts of tea, and tea requires milk.
God bless you Mr Dilmah - with your help we shall weather the storm.
It was a quick trip. Workers were trying to secure iron on a roof around the corner that lost half its roof. An excavator was at work on the foreshore. Debris of one kind and another litters the streets. I will do my bit to clean up Collins Street when the weather clears tomorrow. In the meantime, I will wallow in warmth and laziness. I hope other locals can do the same, and not have too much Snide to pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment